August 10th 2019 will mark the 13th annual Run/Walk Twin Cities charity event organized by A Breath of Hope Lung Foundation.
This event, sponsored in part by Karst & von Oiste LLP, is set to be a spectacular success, delivering a clear and confident message regarding that which matters most to those living with lung cancer, their families and those who have suffered the loss of a loved one due to this devastating disease.
The event is one that will be full of fun and fellowship, highlighting continued efforts and a unified search for a cure. Jam-packed with family-friendly activities and entertainment, this year’s 13th annual Run/Walk is one that those in the area will not want to miss.
5k and 10k Runs
At the heart of the event is the 5k and 10k Run/Walk in which runners and walkers of all ages will come together for fitness and support of the mission to end lung cancer. The run will begin on W. Lake Harriet Parkway South, near the North entrance to the Bandshell parking lot, with the route continuing on counterclockwise on Lake Harriet Parkway utilizing the low road.
Those participating in the 5K run will make one full lap around the lake, while those in the 10K run will make two full laps to completion. Prizes will be available for the top runners in both races.
Organized by A Breath of Hope Lung Foundation, the event will take place Aug 10th 2019 between 8:00 am – 11:00 am at Lake Harriet Bandshell, 4135 W. Lake Harriet Pkwy, Minneapolis, MN 55409.
Following the 5k walk and run will be a keynote oncology update, addressing the ways in which the field of medicine is evolving, and changes on the horizon that hold hope for saving countless lives.
Other Family-Friendly Activities Include:
- Children’s games
- Signs for loved ones
- Custom T-shirts
- Wrapped bus to honor loved ones
- Free beverages and snacks
- Food trucks
- Live music performed by The Leon Laudenbach Band
- Pet-friendly with water bowls for dogs
The event will culminate with a heartfelt grief ceremony for those families and friends grieving the loss of a loved one to lung cancer.
Transportation Available for Southern Minnesota Residents
Those interested in joining in on the fun can take advantage of round trip coach bus services presented by event sponsor Northfield Lines. Pickup will take place in St. Peter, MN and will include transport to Lake Harriet the morning of the event. Departure will take place at 6:30 am on August 10th from a TBD location. Following the event, the bus will depart back to St. Peter at 11:30 am.
- 7:30 AM – Registration, check-in and t-shirt tables open
- 8:00 AM – Opening ceremony with MN Wild’s Tom Kurvers, warm-ups and survivor photo at stage
- 8:30 AM – 10K run begins at the runner start line
- 8:35 AM – 5K run begins at the runner start line
- 9:00 AM – Survivor bus tour departs
- 9:05 AM – 5K walk begins in the parking lot
- 9:45 AM – Runner awards (Gift card prizes awarded to the fastest male and female overall, and the 1st place male and female for the following age categories: 17 & under, 18-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+)
- 10:15 AM – Oncology update
- 10:30 AM – Fundraising prizes
- 10:45 AM – Rose Raft of Remembrance Grief Ceremony
- 11:30 AM – Event ends, the park remains open
A Breath of Hope Lung Foundation
A Breath of Hope Lung Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization dedicated to providing hope, support, funding and resources towards the effort to find a cure for lung cancer. Their efforts fund innovative research, raise critical awareness and support both patients and families of patients who are suffering.
Those interested in registering for this event are encouraged to visit the Registration Page today. The deadline for registration is August 8, 2019.